Say “Hello” To My New Boyfriend Sebastian!!!

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 7.16.12 PM

When my cat Kiki died last August at 20 1/2 years of age. I never thought of getting another cat. My other cat Joe (almost 19) and I seemed to be just now use to it being me and him for the rest of our lives. Then this little fellow showed up in the back yard relaxing on a comfy outdoor couch with Beans, my friend Stephanie’s beloved cat. Of course, I had to take him in and become his foster gay until I could find someone who wanted to love him… and Joe just hissed and chased him the whole first day anyhow.

This was not going to work.

There was night time drama.

The next day was a tad better… and the day after that even better.

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 7.17.07 PM

My hunky neighbor told me that the little guy was living as a stray for at least three months and he fed him when he saw him roaming about… and even climbed a tree to rescue “Harry” (that’s what he named him) from the harmless Great Dane that had startled him. Well, yesterday I sat on the couch re-watching Brideshead Revisited for like the 20th time. Joe was sleeping on my lap and “Harry” was stretching in his sleep… looking ever so cute and totally comfortable. I looked at him and kinda fell in love right then and there and decided I wasn’t letting this one go… and his name would be Sebastian.

Tonight I watched Mad Men with Joe & Sebastian sleeping on my lap. They touched noses. LOVE!

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 7.17.33 PM

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 7.15.40 PM

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 7.15.27 PM

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 7.15.18 PM

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 7.15.01 PM

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 7.14.51 PM

7 Responses

1. Marco

Match made in heaven. Congratulations.

May 4, 2014 at 9:21 pm

2. felix spence

A long life for Sebastian!

May 5, 2014 at 1:37 am

3. Jeffrey

Obviously Kiki sent him to you. Look for signs of HER in HIM.
    I’ve noticed, after a lifetime of being cat owned, that the same two (one male, one female spirit) keep coming back in new Avatar cat suits.

Bastet works in mysterious ways.

Sebastian looks like you, so does Joe, but different.

When they show up in your yard you are doomed to fatherhood.
    Mine usually appear in woodpiles and things, but to discover new son on the chez-longue is clear evidence of Fate at work.

Congratulations!

Jeffrey

May 5, 2014 at 5:55 am

4. Kevin

yeah new kitty .. Sebastian is a lucky puss .. congrats!

May 5, 2014 at 6:57 pm

5. seaton

Best wishes for your new pal ! Toronto Humane Society(Queen and River) has the cheapest neuter/vaccination appointments going. Book now – it can take a few weeks for an appointment – before he starts to feel like a horny teen who wants to mark everywhere.

May 6, 2014 at 11:30 am

6. Chris

Awww, what a cutie! We have a bunch of random stray cats that just sort of mysteriously wandered into our lives too. How great that this lucky little guy found such a nice new Dad! Thanks for taking him in…I’m sure it will be a special and mutually-beneficial relationship for the both of you 😉 Cheers!

May 7, 2014 at 7:35 pm

7. BigBen

Aaah. I can see the resemblance to his dad – I reckon you’ve woken up on a stranger’s backyard couch a few times. It’s a perfect match!

May 8, 2014 at 8:09 am